Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Life Updates


I have no idea who reads this, but I feel the need to vent the recent happenings of my life into cyberspace for some reason.


Anyway, short story long, I've missed my families (church, friends, YPTP, mom and dad), my mountains and my beaches. Columbus has been a great safety net for me. I can't imagine my life without Otterbein or Ohio. I can honestly say that if I had ended up moving to New York at the end of college like I had originally planned, I would be unhappy today. And it would be even tougher to come to that realization now than it was last year.

I have a keen sense of blissful satisfaction that hasn't existed in my life before.

Nathan and I had the good fortune of listening to Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee preach a sermon at church on Sunday. He not only spoke of his spiritual journey, but also of his passion and hope for what we call "my generation". It was so refreshing and inspirational to listen to someone speak with such vigor about young people my age. I feel that the slice of "my generation" I belong to has this idea imposed upon them that life ends after college; that being an adult is boring. There's no more frat parties, less-frequent club-hopping, no more "Pimps and Hoes" theme parties, etc. I personally feel that this is the most exciting time in my life. I'm supporting myself, making plans for the future and concretely dreaming of the life that I want. It makes me really sad when I find people saying "I wish I were still in college", or worse yet, "I wish I were still in high school." It seems like a lot of people get caught up in this mentality, and I think it ultimately leads to unhappiness later in life.

So I guess Sunday was a bit of a pat on the back from God, reminding me that I'm in a good place right now; with the word "good" being a serious understatement. :)

Still lovin' the Starb, although it's been kind of tough lately with the weather and continued post-holiday rush. I'm really fortunate, though, to work with such awesome people.

So, that's my life right now, pretty much.

Nathan and I have so far seen Juno and Atonement. We might go see There Will Be Blood this weekend. Dann from work tells me it's amazing, but I guess that's kind of a given because obviously it was a good enough script for Daniel Day-Lewis to come out of his retirement/hermitage. I'm really excited Hal Holbrook was nominated for his role in Into The Wild. Definitely the most underrated film of the year, in my opinion.



For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found; else wise, everyone would know where it was.
- Hector Barbossa



*Post Script: I'd just like to reiterate the amazingness of my boyfriend, Nathan. :)

1 comment:

lindsey said...

i voted for both hal halbrook and daniel day lewis for the SAG awards. i found out that i get nominated movie screeners mailed to me! its so rad! i love you, be well xo