Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Porcelain Goddess' Burden

I used to be self-conscious about my pasty white complexion.

I used to think I was unnaturally pale, until my make-up artist from a photo shoot commented that my fair skin made me a "porcelain goddess".  Since that day, I've never lamented my melanin-deprived complexion.  Power to the un-tanned!

But sometimes it sucks when I spend a grand total of fifteen minutes in the sun and then return to my apartment with pink shoulders and funky halter-top-shaped tan lines.

Totally worth it, though, for all of this amazing SUNSHINE!

In other news, I'm in a play.  It's nice to be acting again.  Turns out I've missed it more than I thought I did.





"Don't knock the weather.  If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation."
- Kin Hubbard

No comments: