Saturday, December 19, 2009

Peculiar Passing Moments

Today I feel better about things.

Inspiration and encouragement come from the most unexpected and wonderful places.  I recently had my hair cut by a wonderful gal at a salon in Beaverton.  She recently moved here from Texas.  The subject came up that I had been laid off.  She shared a story with me about how she had been unexpectedly let go from a job once too, but that it opened a door to a better career.  "I know it's hard, but don't worry.  I can tell you're a smart girl", she said.  "Something better will turn up."  She was my angel that day.  It was exactly what I needed to hear.  I was so thankful that she said it!

One of my "other mothers" was my angel the other day.  Her husband is extraordinary and hard-working.  She told me that he has been laid off three times in his life.  I was so surprised.  But I was very relieved; I realized that it just happens.  But it happens for a reason.

I've set the wheels in motion to apply for grad school in January.  Oregon State has a one-year immersion program where I could get my teaching license and my M.A.T.  I'm leaning towards ECE/Elementary Education to start out with.  I'd like to be licensed through 12th grade eventually.

I think I get it.  I'm supposed to be somewhere I can make a difference.

No comments: