Saturday, June 2, 2007

How To Move A Mountain

I'm not sure many people can pinpoint the exact moment when they first discovered their purpose in life. Mostly because many of us are still searching. I am still searching, but I know the moment I took the first step.

I was fifteen. I was singing. A woman told me, "When you sang, you made me feel..."

I don't remember what else she said. All I knew was that I possessed the ability to make others experience something profound.

That's why I chose to pursue theatre in undergrad. The reactions people had; laughter, tears. That was it, that was everything. With that, I could move mountains.

So why don't I want to do that anymore?

That's wrong; I do want that. I want to move mountains, but they are different now. Before, I moved them with performance, with song, with words.

Now, I think I need a little more action. And I don't want to wait so long for it. My life doesn't need to be the roller coaster I thought it needed to be.


Time has passed through me and become a song.
- Holly Near

No comments: