Saturday, August 16, 2008

New Beginnings

Welp, we made it!  2,500 miles and about a week later, Nathan and I are beginning our adventure in the Northwest.  I started work on Wednesday.  It's a much busier store than my previous location, but it makes the days go by faster.  And the customers are nicer.  And there are big windows.  I watch the sun rise on the mornings that I open; it's quite amazing.

It's so nice to be closer to my family and reconnecting with people and places I'd become alienated from.  And it's a really wonderful thing to be sharing the places I grew up in with the person I love most.

My daddy sang the national anthem at the Portland Beavers baseball game on Thursday.  I was so proud.  He's awesome.

Nathan and I are headed to the coast on Monday.  The weather has been ridiculously hot the last two days, so I'm hoping it'll stay nice through the weekend.

Life is good.



Every tomorrow has two handles.  We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith.
- Unknown Author

No comments: